Unity Online Radio is reaching an ever expanding global audience each month with listeners tuning in at www.unity.fm or accessing us through Live 365 and iTunes radio. Hosts are invited to lead discussions on topics relevant to listener's lives such as relationships, health, family, prayer, meditation, metaphysics, current events and more.
If you are a Unity minister or teacher or a credential spiritual leader from a complementary organization and have an uplifting message you would like to share with our global audience, we invite you to complete a host application and submit it for review.
Here are some of the most common questions we receive about hosting a program on Unity Online Radio. If you have a question not covered here, please contact us here.
- Who can host a program?
- What are the benefits of hosting a program on Unity Online Radio?
- What type of commitment is required?
- How are programs promoted?
- What equipment will I need?
- How is funding provided?
- What type of programming do you offer?
- Ready to become a host?
The following people are eligible to host a program on Unity Online Radio:
- Credentialed Unity leaders in good standing (Minister, LUT, or Spiritual Leader serving under Special Dispensation).
- Credentialed spiritual leaders from like-minded organizations who are looking to share an uplifting, positive, practical message with the Unity Online Radio audience.
- Individuals serving in a leadership role serving one of the primary strategic initiatives set forth each year by Unity and Unity Worldwide Ministries. (example: national leaders of NGU, YOU, et al)
- Ministerial candidates actively enrolled in classes at Unity Institute.
If you have questions about eligibility for hosting a program, please contact us here.
There are many benefits to hosting a program on Unity Online Radio, including:
- Leveraging the power of the Internet to fulfill your outreach goals and connect with an online audience unlimited by time and distance.
- Expand your audience through Internet "attendance" of your program. Your Web site will be highlighted during your live programs and in the archives, attracting a worldwide audience.
- Access to technology. In addition to listening through computers, your program can also be accessed through other wireless applications such as iPods, mp3 players, smart phones, Internet radios and more.
- The BEST reason to host a program? IT'S A WHOLE LOT OF FUN!
Unity Online Radio provides the following:
- A web page dedicated to your program with a unique url. This page will include program graphics, host bio, your product ad, email address and link to your personal/business website, such as www.unityonlineradio.org/touchingthestillness.
- The creation of unique graphics branding your program.
- The creation of unique audio elements (opener, closer, rejoiner and sponsor tag) using professional voice talent.
- A program promo that will be in rotation on the network and will be broadcast randomly during other programs.
- A product/service radio spot to promote your product/service to your listeners.
- A banner ad of your product and service on your program page as well as in rotation at the home page of Unity Online Radio.
- Technical training with the UOR engineer to ensure sound quality.
- An in-studio engineer to manage listener call-ins, maintain sound quality and guide you to program breaks.
- All program episodes are available from your program page. Listeners can stream the audio or download as a free MP3.
- Listeners can access your program archives via a dedicated RSS feed, iTunes syndication or Stitcher syndication.
- Your fans can listen to your programs live via the website or mobile device using Stitcher or Live 365 smart phone apps.
- Links to your guests website may be included in each episode description.
- Promotional video using your branded graphics/audio elements for you to share with your audience.
- Hosts must commit to broadcasting one live program per week or can provide new prerecorded segments each week for a minimum of 26 weeks.
- The one-hour weekly program will be scheduled at a mutually agreed-upon time.
- Each episode will be replayed throughout the live programming schedule during the week it was originally aired.
Unity Online Radio and the host will jointly promote the program.
- Unity Online Radio sends out a weekly program guide to listeners that highlights the program day, date, time and topic for the upcoming week.
- The program will be listed on the daily schedule at www.unity.fm on the day of the program.
- The host's program graphic will be featured at www.unity.fm one hour before and for the hour of the program's broadcast.
- A professionally produced program promo will air throughout the live programming schedule and will include your program name, topic, day and time.
- New programs are promoted on the Unity Online Radio Facebook page.
It is possible to host a program on Unity Online Radio from anywhere in the world. All you need is a computer and an Internet connection. We require our hosts to establish a Skype account and purchase a headset with a USB connection for the computer. Each week, you will work with our engineer to produce a live, interactive program, complete with call-in capabilities and live online interactions.
Funding for Unity Online Radio is provided by the tithes and love offerings of our listeners and the financial support of the hosts who share their messages.
If you are the leader of a Unity ministry, we invite you to prayerfully talk with your board to determine the level to which you would like to support the Unity Online Radio network. Your monthly love offering commitment will constitute the underwriting for your program and the funding ministry will be acknowledged during each episode and at the program page.
If you are not a Unity minister or licensed Unity teacher, we have established a reasonable pricing structure to help Unity off-set the costs associated with the production and marketing of your program. Please contact us here to learn more.
Programs are accepted and scheduled based on the following:
- Area of focus. Programs that serve a specific niche for spiritual seekers and Unity students. For example, topics such as Spiritual Parenting, Interpreting the Bible, Unity for Singles, etc., would be given preference over a more generic format.
- Quality of Programming. Programs that complement the teachings of Unity and support the Unity Online Radio outreach ministry. Hosts who will help us spread the word about living an abundant, blessed, positive and practical life to our global audience will be given preference.
If you have an idea for a new program, please review the process for becoming a host and if you're interested in becoming a host, complete our application. Your application will be submitted to the Unity Online Radio network review board for consideration before final approval is given.
Unity Online Radio adds new programs four times each year and the deadlines associated with each new season launch are noted below:
January 7 - March 15 (10 weeks)
Application deadline: October 29, 2012
March 18 – June 14 (13 weeks)
Application deadline: January 21, 2013
June 17 – September 13 (13 weeks)
Application deadline: April 22, 2013
September 16 – December 20 (14 weeks)
Application deadline: July 29, 2013